DEMETO is pleased to announce its final event: Modular, Scalable and High-Performance De-Polymerisation by Microwave Technology, organised on behalf of European Plastics Converters (EuPC) and Polymer Comply Europe (PCE)
The live webinar will take place on the 31st of May 2021 between 10.00 - 13.00 CET and will introduce the success of the DEMETO project, focusing on the latest updates of the Chemical PET & Polyester Recycling.
- 10:00 – 10:15 Welcome & Introduction
Angel Fuentes Mateos, European Commission
- 10:15 – 10:35 Sustainable Chemical PET & Polyester Recycling: The DEMETO Project
Maurizio Crippa, Gr3n
- 10:35 – 10:55 R&D Investments and Chemical Recycling
Mohammad Hayatifar, EuPC
- 10:55 – 11:15 Towards modelling the DEMETO chemical process
Amirali Rezazadeh & Ioannis V Skiadas, DTU
- 11:15 – 11:35 A Microwaves Cavity Design and Optimisation for a Homogeneous and Faster Drying Process Inside an Industrial Agitated Nutsche Filter (ANF); A FEM State-Space Thermal Model for Temperatures Estimation Inside a Depolymerisation Reactor
Sebastiano Schuetz, Supsi
- 11:35 – 11:55 Demo Plant Construction from Brown Field Up to the Commissioning
Morico Barbara & Manduca Bruno, NextChem
- 11:55 – 12:15 Closing speech
Franco A. Cavadini, Synesis
- 12:15 – 13:00 Q&A
Moderator: Marjan Ranogajec, EuPC
Participation is free of charge, registration is required.
Who should attend:
- Representatives from the plastics value chain
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Government regulators
- Trade associations
- Service providers
DEMETO is a revolutionary new way to chemically recycle PET in a highly profitable and environmentally sustainable way. DEMETO will enable the chemical de-polymerization of PET at industrial scale thanks to its microwave-based process intensification.
DEMETO is a European Project and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The 13 partners that form the DEMETO consortium are from all over Europe and share the common vision that DEMETO will help to create a more sustainable world.
More info: https://www.demeto.eu